Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I have the best friends ever!!!


I'm sitting in the airport now, my flight boards in 5 minutes. Probably not the best time to write a blog entry but I figure I'll start now and finish the entry in flight.

I find myself with time to reflect on the events of the past few days. Since finish work last week it seems like everything has been happening too quickly. One events or task blends into the next. As a friend suggested I should savor the moments; drink in the feeling. I tired my best but I seemed to have fallen short. Possibly because the moments were overshadowed by the farewell party. As the title of this entry suggests what made it so outstanding was the people who attended it.

I wish I could have spent more time with each of you wonderful people but the moment I did get to spend with you will be the memories that I will return to when I'm half way around the world and thinking about what I'm coming back to. The party was amazing success, I can't believe how many of you could fit in such a small space. The vibe was awesome, it felt like you could walk up to anyone and strike up a conversation. I really appreciated that you all made and effort to meet the host, Carrie mentioned that she appreciated that.

In particular I have to thank some people:

First off Carrie, for providing access to the Best Place Ever, yes, the name of the house. She went to some great lengths to prepare it to be filled by fun people.

Evan Jones AKA Mittens, what can I say the DJ Olympics provide no end of laughs even if it was at times just from reading the score sheet.

Mike Flynn, the decor was awesome, it gave just enough light that we all could forget about the outside world long enough to enjoy the music and the people on the inside.

Erin and Julie, the signage divas, thank you for pulling that together. There Olympic judges would have been disappointed holding up their fingers.

James, thank you for doing the visuals. Having them really added the ambiance.

Thank you, Sandie for shaving my Mohawk. Thank you Jenny for the 5" platform boots.

The DJ's you play me better than I play me. Thank you all for playing.

All who showed up, wow, wicked vibe fun dancing and a great night.
With out a doubt I have the best friends in the world.

I love you guys!

No comments: