Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Traveling isn't very interesting.

Well the adventures getting to Buis was a little boring. I didn't manage to sleep on the plane. I instead overloaded on movies: Stardust (fun fantasy), The Kingdom (raw raw USA), Elizabeth: The Golden Age (good historical drama), and a slew of nature shows.

This manage to pass the time during the 9.5 hours trip from Vancouver to Amsterdam. I had a two hour layover at the airport there, then another two hour hop Marseille which I manage to catch about 30 minutes of sleep.

I was greeted at the airport in Marseille by a climber friend Thierry. This was greatly appreciated as I was a pretty groggy at this point and would have been hard pressed to find my way to the TGV station in Aix-En-Provence. I got a TGV train ticket to Avignon. Due to a mix up in communication I ended up waiting at the train station for 2.5 hours before my climbing partner showed up.

This 2.5 hours was rather interesting as it is the first time of my not doing much if anything in such a long time. I hadn't felt boredom in a long time. Sure I shoulc have read, I could have even played on my laptop but ultimately it was interesting to savor the I didn't have to necessarily do anything.

The drive from Avignon was long and whinedie; by the time we got to Buis and at dinner it was 11:50 PM (local time) or 2:50 PM (PST) so needless to say I had no trouble sleeping.

Tomorrow the climbing begins... maybe.

No comments: