Thursday, February 14, 2008

New location today; Ubrieux

I will start off this post by saying that this is the first day where I've actually felt strong climbing. I think the training is starting to have an affect.

Today we visited a new location call Ubrieux. I climbed five climbs while Adrian did four. The area was a little better suited to my style of climbing, mostly slab to vertical climbing with small overhanging bulges.

The best climb of the day was "Le Grand Chaos" which goes at 6b+. It is a beautiful route that pulls through some big moves on an overhanging bulge using big holds to a crimpy slab that doesn't give up till you pull up on to the ledge with the anchors.

We shared the crag today with a couple of British climbers. Once of which as it turned out now lives in Radium Hotsprings and was telling all about climbing in the Bugaboos, small world. They had just arrived from Chamonix where it was too hot for them to ice climb.

I did get some wonderful valentine email today which I appreciated from the friends at home. Thank you guys. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Valentines day.

No comments: