Thursday, February 7, 2008

Saint Leger - Welcome to the hard...


Today was the most impressive location we have been to so far. We headed over to this place called Saint Leger, it had easily as much rock amazing rock than Poets to Sparticus in Kalymnos for those who have been and much and harder. There are walls of 8a and up. It was incredible.

We only managed two 6b+s today. One I on-sighted, the other I fell off at the last bolt because I misread the finish. Both were good except for the one I onsighted which proved to me the word Kalymnian anchor* is not restricted to being found on Kalymnos. Actually I clipped the anchor and when I was getting Adrian to take, the hold I was using broke off and I took a nice 10 ft victory wiper. What made it funnier was that in the 32m of climbing there were 15 bots plus anchors. I only brought up 14 draws with me so I was forced to back clean a draw and use a spinner biner to clip the anchor. Oops, guess I should get a little better at managing the gear.

Hopefully today is a bigger day. I hope everyone at home is enjoying the snow.

* A Kalymnian anchor is when the anchor appears in a position that is ridiculous and doesn't add anything to the climb. Instead it make the climb needlessly hard compared to the rest of the climb. Often place just out of reach of the last good hold.

1 comment:

ak said...

Hey lovely :)
Sounds like you are diving right in and having a great time! Send one for me as I wish I was climbing with you right now. Take care and climb safe!
xoxox
Amy